Skip to main navigation.

COVID-19 updates

Surry-Yadkin EMC continues to work with members

We’re here for you.

Due to hardships during the COVID-19 outbreak, SYEMC will be working with members who are having difficulties making electric utility payments.

For members who receive monthly bills:

For members who have a past-due balance, an 8-month payment arrangement will be set up on your account. The arrangement will consist of eight equal installments, with no interest or late fees charged.

While initial payment arrangements are for eight months, SYEMC understands that some members may face long-term financial impacts due to COVID-19.

Any members needing additional assistance, please call our office at 336-356-8241 or 800-682-5903.

For members with an EZ Power prepaid account:

For members who have a past-due balance, those balances will be moved to a payment arrangement, with no interest or late fees charged. 16% of all account payments will go toward the past-due balance. The remaining 84% of your payment will be applied to your prepaid account.

Any members needing additional assistance, please call our office at 336-356-8241 or 800-682-5903.

Further assistance:

A number of resources are available locally to assist residents with utility bills and other needs. For information on resources in your service area, you can visit nc211.org and click “Find Help,” or dial 211 on your phone.

Any members needing additional assistance, please call our office at 336-356-8241 or 800-682-5903.

Additional assistance available

North Carolina counties' Department of Social Services provide programs to assist citizens with paying utility bills, including power. For information on the Crisis Intervention Program or the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, call your county's DSS office.

Surry County - 336-401-8800

Yadkin County - 336-849-7910

Wilkes County - 336-651-7400

Stokes County - 336-593-2861

Forsyth County - 336-703-3800

Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo